Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB)

Immigration Division (ID)

Detention Review

In case you are detained by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) for immigration reasons in Canada, we will make an argument as your counsel in the detention review hearing why and under what conditions you shall be released.

Admissibility Hearing

In case you are believed to have contravened the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), we will give evidence as your counsel to convince the IRB member that you shall be allowed to enter or remain in Canada.


Immigration Appeal Division (IAD)

Refusal of Sponsorship Application

If you applied from outside Canada to sponsor a family member for permanent residence and the application was refused, we can appeal the decision as your counsel. There are some situations where you cannot appeal the sponsorship application decision, we will let you know if you are eligible to appeal after our preliminary assessment.

Removal Order

If you received a removal order, we could make a removal order appeal for you as your counsel to explain why you should be able to stay in Canada. There is a deadline for when you can appeal, contact us as soon as you receive your removal order to see how we can help.

Residency Obligation

Generally, permanent residents of Canada need to be physically present in Canada for at least 730 days out of every five years. If you are a PR and found by a Canadian overseas visa office that you do not meet the requirement, we can make a residency obligation appeal as your counsel if there are sufficient humanitarian and compassionate factors.


If you receive a notice of a Minister’s appeal claiming that you are inadmissible after entering into Canada, we can help you explain why you should be able to stay in Canada as your counsel with proper documentation.


Refugee Protection Division (RPD)

You can seek refugee protection in Canada when you enter at a port of entry such as an airport or after you have entered. As your representative, we can either help you complete your claim or submit a claim for you. It is important to submit information that is consistent throughout the process.


Refugee Appeal Division (RAD)

If you have applied for refugee protection and want to appeal the negative decision or to respond to a Minister’s appeal, we can help you as your representative to file a notice of appeal to the Refugee Appeal Division (RAD) or to submit a Notice of Intent to Respond together with other documents within 15 days.


Inadmissibility and Rehabilitation

Do you have a criminal record and wonder if you can visit or immigrate to Canada? After our initial assessment, we will let you know if you are inadmissible to Canada based on several factors such as the nature of the crime, punishment received, and the time that has passed since you completed the punishment.