Applicant submits required documents such as Passports with Visa Stamps, Birth Certificates, Photo IDs, Photos, Evidence Documents, Financial Documents, Letters of Recommendation, Bank Statements, Snippets from Publications, Published Articles as well as Questionnaire Forms.
- Applicant can file a “self-petition” on the US Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) I-140 form without any job offer from a US employer.
- The immigrant applicant can choose either I-140 regular processing (US$700) or premium processing (for an additional US$2,500). The premium processing guarantees faster response (15 days) from USCIS whereas the regular processing will take up to more than 6 months to be processed. Processing time varies and is solely up to the US government.
- Applicant can file I-485 form concurrently with I-140 form.
- I-485 / DS-260
- Applicant in the US can file I-485 form (US$1,140) for adjustment of status.
- Applicant outside the US can file DS-260 form (US$220) online for an immigrant visa upon the approval of the I-140 application.
- After submitting the DS-260 application and required documents, the immigrant petition will be forwarded to a US consulate of the Applicant’s country. An interview is usually scheduled within a month from the issue of an Interview Notice.