Applicant submits required documents such as Passports with Visa Stamps, Birth Certificates, Photo IDs, Photos, Evidence Documents, Financial Documents, Letters of Recommendation, Bank Statements, as well as Questionnaire Forms.
- Applicant can file a “self-petition” on the US Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) I-140 form without any job offer from a US employer.
- The immigrant applicant can choose either I-140 regular processing (US$700) or premium processing (for an additional US$2,500). The premium processing guarantees faster response (45 days) from USCIS whereas the regular processing will take up to 9 months to be processed. Processing time varies and is solely up to the US government.
- Applicant can file I-485 form concurrently with I-140 form.
- I-485 / DS-260
- Applicant in the US can file I-485 form (US$1,140) for adjustment of status.
- Applicant outside the US can file DS-260 form (US$220) online for an immigrant visa upon the approval of the I-140 application.
- After submitting the DS-260 application and required documents, the immigrant petition will be forwarded to a US consulate of the Applicant’s country. An interview is usually scheduled within a month from the issue of an Interview Notice.